Suitable for: Beginners (if you've not used a sewing machine before or if you've only recently learned).
This Beginners Sewing class is a quick and easy introduction to sewing. It provides the starting point to learn some foundation sewing techniques whether you want to progress into dressmaking, soft furnishing or craft projects.
What will I learn?
- How to use a sewing machine safely and confidently
- How to wind bobbins and thread up the machine
- How to change a needle
- What all those knobs mean on the machine
- Learn how to measure and cut fabric.
- How to sew perfect straight lines, smooth curves and turn corners
- An easy sewing project that allows you to practice your stitches
What do I need to bring?
NOTHING! UNLESS, you wish to bring your own machine and/or fabric. Sewing machines are provided but you are very much welcome to bring your own if you have one. If you are considering buying one, Kiki is happy to give advice on what to look for.
*If you plan on bringing your own machine do let us know in the notes section when booking*
We will have a small selection of fabrics for you to pick from.
3 hours is long time to go without a tea/coffee so these will be provided for you during the workshop as well as a homebake!
The class will run on Tuesday 28th April from 6pm - 9pm
After booking you will be emailed with the details of how to get to us.
Please note payment is required to book in to this workshop, and is non-refundable and non-transferrable.